We have been meticulously getting ready for the big dance. Painting, prepping and polishing, and now we’re ready for the paperwork. The listing agreement you will sign specifies the terms of the listing, federal and state required disclosures, and supporting documents. Here’s what you can expect.
- Electronic Signing Most of my clients take advantage of electronic signing of documents. It’s fast, easy, convenient and secure. It can be accessed with most mobile devices, PCs, and tablets. No faxing, scanning, copying, or mailing required! Of course, I also work with good old fashioned pen and paper if that’s your preference.
- Forms and Details Together we will review your desired terms. Price, list date, commissions and fees, length of listing and specific property details are all filled in on the listing agreement forms so everything is accurate down to the last detail.
- Showing Instructions I’ll ask you specific questions regarding your preferred showing instructions that all showing agents must follow. No shoes in the house, advance notice of showings, or by appointment only are examples.
- Restrictions Any restrictions on a listing are required to be signed off by the seller and provided to the MLS. The most common restriction in a fast market is waiting to review offers at a specified future date. Undisclosed name, phone #, or even address are other examples.
- Disclosures Get your reading glasses out because unless the property is exempt, you will be filling out a 6 page state required seller disclosure form made up of very small type. Here is where you list everything you know about the home and attach any supporting documents if necessary, evidence of oil tank decommissioning is a common example. Additional disclosures may be federally required such as the Lead Based Paint form for homes built prior to 1974.
Once you’ve signed the listing paperwork and completed the disclosures, we are ready to go live! I will upload all the listing information into the MLS, add the photographs and virtual tours, and your home will be officially on the market as of your list date.
Satisfaction Guarantee: If for any reason you decide you do not want to continue your listing, you can cancel the agreement at any time. My goal is 100% complete client satisfaction.
If you would like to discuss listing your home for sale please contact me for a consultation!